Day 15: Art!

December 18th, 2012

June 15, 2012

Only five more days till I leave for home! 🙁 Gotta make the best of the last few days I’m here!

Jess’s birthday is tomorrow and since we’re going to be busy trying to fill my last few days with fun activities, we decided to visit something simple and easy today. We’re going to Galeria de Arte Nacional today! It’s an art museum with art that really captures the feel of Venezuela. It has over 6000 different pieces of art in it! Everything from pre-Hispanic, colonial paintings, sculptures to works of modern art. It shares a building with the Museo de Bellas Artes, which exhibits a random selection of art from all around the globe! The top floor is a terrace offering views over Parque Los Caobos and much of Caracas and it’s beautiful from up here.

Jess practically led the tour around the museum. She’s been here a lot just to look at the view from the top floor, so she knows her way around the museum. Paintings are okay, but sculptures are what really interest me.  It’s amazing how a sculptor can capture emotion in a block of stone!

Comments RSS