Day 19: Time To Pack

December 19th, 2012

June 19th, 2012

This is my final day staying here with Jess’s family before I head back to Alaska tomorrow. 🙁 Today we’re just going to the beach so I can come back with a lot of time left to pack. The beach we’re heading to today is called Playa Colorado. It’s a little further away than the other beach we went to, but this beach has great waves for surfing and I wanna try out surfing before I go. On the way to the beach, the sadness in the car was evident. Jess seemed the saddest, but she tried her best to get everyone talking and in a good mood.

The waves at Playa Colorado are a surfer’s dream. There are sunbathers laying all over on the orange-tinted sand. There are some small uninhabited islands that beach goers can kayak to and watch the dolphins put on a show and the watch birds dive for fish. So gorgeous! Jess grabbed two surf boards and headed to the water with me in pursuit. Jess is an expert surfer so she was my teacher for the day.

After a couple of hours, I could actually stand up on my board and surf for a little bit without falling! I was so proud of myself. With a little more practice, I could be much better. It was getting late, so we started to head back home. At home, I tried to pack everything back into my suitcases. Since I went shopping so much here, I had a lot of extra clothes and shoes that I couldn’t fit everything into my bags! Jess’s mom kindly said that she would mail anything I left behind or couldn’t fit in my bags back to me. I nearly bursted into tears at the comment. I’m going to miss her and Jess so much! 🙁 Time to get to sleep if I wanna wake up in time for my plane.

Comments RSS